just a little update, I am at the seaside with no Internet (unless I'm at a coffee place) which means I'm not really able to check out your blogs and so on and I'm trying to be current with my posts. Hope you understand :)
Okay so, today I wanted to share with you the products I use for my skin and hair. As we all know one of the most important things, especially in summer, is to have clear skin. Throughout the year, if we have breakouts, we apply make-up and cover it up, yet during summer when we go to the beach this is not possible. The key to having clear skin is drinking plenty of water, eating healthy, working out and using the right skin products. I will show you the ones I use. There are not many and they are rather cheap yet good quality.
For my face I use on a daily bases, before I go to sleep the following:
1) Neutrogena Visibly Clear pink grapefruit Daily Scrub (here)
- I apply it first after taking off my make-up. I first wash my face with water and leave it partially wet, apply the product and wash it off afterwards. Although you can do it twice a day, in the morning and evening, I usually don't have time to do it before school, instead I apply it once a day.
2) Nivea Aqua Effect Moisturizing Night Care (here)
- After I have applied Neutrogena daily scrub, I apply this Nivea cream. Also, before I go to sleep as it moisturizes your face while you are sleeping. There are similar products which you can apply after waking up, however, since I usually put on my make-up, I don't use these products.
3) Garnier Skin renew anti-puff eye roller (here)
- Finally, I apply this Garnier roll on beneath my eyes, on the dark circles in order to prevent them.
What is also important is to take good care of your body, from shower gel to body creams you use. Mine are the following:
1) Eucerin Body Oil (very similar)
2) Nivea Body Milk Nourishing (here)3) Nivea Smooth Milk body (here)
- I use both of these body creams depending on which I have available at home. Both make my skin very smooth and moisturize it. I use them after showering, but can be used any time of the day.
4) Garnier Ambre Solaire after sun hydrating tan maintainer (here)
- This body cream is used most often used after you were exposed to the sun instead of a regular body cream, such as previously mentioned, however it is much more than that. It actually gives you "fake" tan. It's not very harsh, but after it is used more times you can clearly see the difference. The key is to applying it good, meaning equally on all parts of your body so no orange/brown marks are left. I use this cream before I am able to go to the seaside in order to get tanned. It is also great for using after you get sunburned as it decreases the burns.
Next off is taking care of your hair. There are many products you can/have to use. Mine are the following:
1) John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo (here)
2) John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Conditioner (here)
- Of course, starting off with the shampoo and conditioner. There are so many shampoos I have tried and this one is my absolute favorite. Although I don't consider myself blonde, my hair color gets pretty close to it during summer so in order to get an even lighter shade I started using John Frieda's go blonder shampoo and conditioner. I've been using them for a year now and am really satisfied. My hair is soft and is lighter then it was before.
3) L'Oreal Elseve Extraordinary Oil (here)
- There are many different oils for your hair and I find this one the most effective. It makes my hair super smooth and keeps my ends from splitting. Also, because after applying it your hair is oily you should only apply it in small amounts or a day before you want to wash it.
4) Pantene Pro-V Hairspray
- Lastly, the hair spray I use. Honestly, it can be any hair spray which makes your hair stay in place and is good quality.