Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"the roaring twenties"



A couple of weeks ago we were asked to read The Great Gatsby for English and ever since there was something I loved about the 20s. "The roaring twenties", from the beginning of film to timeless literature. 

Reading Gatsby has so far been indulging. I simply love everything about it and since the era has started to interest me more and more, I did what any young teenager would, I googled it. There are so many fascinating details I read about it. The first Oscars in 29', the Jazz Age, the flappers, feminism. Everything I love, fashion, cinema, music, and of course women rights.

It is frightening and some what disappointing how little we know about the history today. I don't mean the one with war references, but knowing the way people used to live. All that comes to one's mind when they think of the 20s is not the parties, the luxury or music, but the Wall Street Crash in 1929 and the Great Depression that followed. 


2 comments:

  1. You should really watch the movie! It's great!

    x Karen
    http://dressingnlabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, it's absolutely amazing!
      xx
      Mia

      Delete